Friday, September 18, 2009

Thoughts on the TV program

Usually I don’t get to watch much TV before eleven a.m. I’m either working in the morning or I’m sleeping in (while on vacation).


After a few days on which I rose early – in one case didn’t sleep at all –, I have to admit that I didn’t really miss anything. Early morning shows (morning shows in general) aren’t exactly something to be thrilled about.


But then, I can’t say there’s a lot to be thrilled about on TV. Every now and then there’s a good magazine, an interesting series or a movie worth watching. Apart from that, it’s enough to provide a background noise, but nothing else.

That is what TV has basically been for me, ever since I moved out of my parents’ home. I live alone and the TV provides me with some noise, with a background sound. I listen in to it when something seems interesting, but I’m not watching TV with concentration.


When I was a kid (about the time the dinosaurs walked the earth…), the TV program seemed so interesting. I was really waiting for most of my favourite series to begin and I was always thrilled when I was allowed to watch the evening program with my parents. When I had my first TV, was allowed to watch in my own room (that was around the time we got cable), there were so many interesting things I wanted to watch. But today… Somehow the interesting parts are missing.


The TV program isn’t what it used to be … or maybe it’s just a question of how long you’ve watched TV already. Sooner or later there’s just repetition.

No comments: