Thursday, July 15, 2010

Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets

My taste in games – especially in casual games – usually is quite dark and spooky. I like crime stories and everything that includes ghosts or other supernatural topics. Every now and then, though, I find a game that makes up for candy-sweet graphics by being interesting and innovative.


I’m not a gossip and the only thing less interesting for me than what celebrities do in their spare time (while they are not making movies or doing whatever they do professionally – except for Paris Hilton and other professional gossip sources) is the number of possible bacteria in the oceans of Jupiter moon Europe. That’s why all those VIPs rarely turn up here in my blog.



Gaby, main character of the not-so-usual hidden objects game “Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets”, sees things differently. She is almost obsessed with the idea of having the best gossip blog around. Normally, such a story would not interest me much, but this game has something special. Instead of looking for hidden objects, you are looking for people hidden in large groups of people. Like this:



That’s quite a different approach and it’s fun. It’s a little bit like those “Where’s Waldo” books. The blog itself is quite hilarious, the stories are strange – even for celebrities – and the mini-games are quite interesting, too. Stories like this one are the rule:



The game is not exactly the one I’d usually choose, but it’s still quite interesting.

No comments: