Saturday, May 14, 2011

I'm still alive!

I know I’ve just managed to post the weekend updates for a long time – if that, as last week. I have, however, been very busy. We’ve been working on transferring a whole forum and we had to copy/paste the whole stuff, because we couldn’t get the database files.


That’s over now, so I hope to go back to some more post-writing and writing in general.


I did learn something interesting yesterday, though. My car’s battery had died and in order to charge the new one my local garage put in, I had to drive around a bit, so I figured I would do my weekly shopping in a shopping mall a bit further away. I was well acquainted with the road I was going to take, as I had worked for a while for a company only a few hundred meters away from the mall. And after maybe a couple of hundred meters in my car, getting to speed up over city speed limits for the first time in a long while (I’d always been driving around my hometown), I suddenly realized it: I had missed it. I had missed driving longer distances, having a chance to let my mind work, let it roll out ideas and play with them. Don’t misunderstand me, though, I was concentrated on driving, but doing it also allowed my imagination to speed up and get to work. It was … strange, but fruitful, you might say.


It started my imagination up again and so I hope there will be more in this blog soon enough, that I might overcome my ‘don’t bother’ attitude and start ranting and bitching again, just as I did when I started writing my blog. I will also do more driving and taking my camera along … more pictures and not just from my hometown.

No comments: