Thursday, March 19, 2015

Weekend Plans



I haven’t done any ‘what will I do this weekend’ posts for a long time now - I have pretty much neglected all my blogs for quite some time. I’ve stopped getting overly annoyed about things after my burn-out some years ago and I was getting tired of basically doing the same kind of post once a week, just to tell you what I was reading/watching/playing - especially as my plans and my reality often differ. However, I think I might take up my posts about plans for the weekend again.

So, what am I going to do this weekend?
I’ve several stories that need more writing, my old enemy, the ending, is at it again. It’s true, I find it easy to start a story, I get though the middle well enough, but I have a hard time with the end. Perhaps, subconsciously, I don’t want the story to end, as I like writing. Consciously, I often am not sure where to end, since I usually think further ahead than necessary, make up much more of my characters’ fate than I need. I should finish some smut stories I’ve been writing (first time I got past the beginning of vampire stories in a long time), most of them merely need a few more scenes. There’s a couple of Loki stories which only miss a chapter or two, same goes for the retelling of a fairy tale I did a while ago. I’ll be occupied for more than just a weekend with all of that, though.
I’ll probably be reading in “The Shadows of Sherlock Holmes,” an anthology edited by David Stuart Davies I bought ages ago. It includes a lot of detective stories written at the same time as Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes stories and overshadowed by them. I have been cross-reading it before, but now I want to read all of the stories.
I’ll definitely be watching the last episode of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” this weekend, as I just downloaded it from iTunes. In addition, I think of tackling either Season 4 of “Doctor Who” (new series), the one and only season of “Dracula,” and/or the second half of the second season of “Sleepy Hollow.” I’ve still got a lot of catching up to do.
I’ll also be playing some stuff, hopefully. I want to finish some TMs, namely “Sweet Kingdom,” “The Musketeers - Victoria’s Quest,” and “Fairy Kingdom.” I’ve also got quite some HOGs that need finishing, at least “Midnight Mysteries: Ghostwriting” and “”Revived Legends: Titan’s Revenge” deserve to be finished soon, since I got far with those already. I also want to go back to some adventures I was playing, like the remakes of “Gabriel Knight - Sins of the fathers” and “Grim Fandango.”

I’m sure I won’t get to finish all I planned. I’ll definitely watch “One of Us” tomorrow or during the weekend. I might start on “Sleepy Hollow,” since it’s only seven episodes and the other two series I want to watch are longer (10/14 episodes). I might get somewhere with my games, too. I should also play the second episode of “Tales from the Borderlands” this weekend, since it just came out and I have really been waiting for it. So much to do and little weekend.

No comments: