Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Couldn't stop laughing

I’m regularly reading the comic “Girl Genius” online (every Monday, Wednesday and Friday when a new page is up, to be more precise). Yesterday, I saw this panel


and couldn’t stop laughing for quite a while.


(For those of you who haven’t had any contact with the comic and the special dialect of the Jägers, the dialog translates like that [left to right, top to bottom]:

“I will teach him how to impress the girls.”

“I will teach him about the birds and the weasels.”

“And I will teach him how to avoid those two.”

“Ah. Then he may have a chance.”)


“He” in this case is Gilgamesh Wulfenbach (usually called ‘Gil’ by most people, though), and insanely in love with Agatha Heterodyne, the title character of the whole comic. (Insane is also a word to describe some of his moods, as he’s a spark [a mad scientist] - like Agatha herself. )

Currently, I even use a phrase of his from the comic as my signature for the forum I regularly post at:

“If being like YOU is the alternative - I’ll GLADLY take evil.”

(Gil’s father Klaus - who currently is basically out of the picture after a carousel fell on him [don’t ask...] - is the bad guy of the story, sort of.)


What I like most about the comic, though, is the good story and the humour. And I like that phrase, as it describes me and my mindset (when faced with certain fundamental-thinking people) so well.

No comments: