Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Successful Sim-Date

Although I've not written a lot about it lately - apart from moaning about the huge amount of work for my own neighbourhood -, I'm also playing "The Sims 2" normally (not only building houses) every now and then.


To the left of this paragraph is Stella Blake, my newest sim and still in college. Oh, and the guy she is kissing is named Nils. The Picture I cut this out from was taken during their second date, which was just as successful as the first had been - even more. In fact, at the end of the Date Stella and Nils got engaged (which is as far as you can get during college).

It's a good deal different from what I expected when I created her. Stella dreams of being a game designer one day and she lives in a dorm with a guy she also finds quite hot, Ralf. But while Ralf has indeed become a good friend, Nils, who never stopped calling her on the phone at least once a day, is now going to be the sim of her life. Well, at least that's how it looks at the moment. Stella still has one year of college ahead of her and will not have many troubles with learning, because her abilities are already well developed.

Two dates were all that was needed - and I've never managed a really successful date before, but this time it was surprisingly easy. And, as Nils is very family-oriented while Stella likes to gather knowledge, they'd be a good couple. It's not strange for sims if the father stays at home and takes care of the babies, anyway. So Stella can work and, with a little bit of luck, reach her life goal of becoming a game designer, while Nils can stay at home, once they have a child, and take care of the family. Once the child is old enough to go to school, he can return to work as well, if he wants to. They might even have several children, but I'll have to wait and see to find out. Currently children are out of the question anyway, making children isn't possible for a college student (unlike in real life).

I now plan for Stella to finish college, then I will let them have a nice vacation together ... who knows what might happen there … and then I'll see what I can do when it comes to family.


Sims are strange people sometimes, but then, so a real people...

No comments: