Friday, August 17, 2007

Finding myself

Just for fun I went ahead and typed my real name into Google. I wanted to see whether or not I could find traces of myself online. I couldn't, but that doesn't mean I didn't find women with the same name.


One lives in Bavaria and is registered on amazon, one is a lawyer, one has her own institute ... and there's other scientists and so on. But I'm not there ... and, given the fact that a lot of companies by now check the internet for inappropriate stuff about future employees, I'm quite glad about it. Obviously I've done well, always using an alias online.


And, quite fittingly, there's a woman with my mother's name on the internet, presenting her artworks. My mum does a lot of artworks, too, though it's usually the stuff you can put in your living room - or into the gardens. I think a lot of people would like to see a website with her own artworks, too. And there's even a chance as my father started a blog he's filling with them.


So, I can't say I've been finding myself online, but I've found that someone with my name can have a career - and that's a good thing to know, too!

No comments: