Thursday, November 15, 2007

The first snow

Yesterday in the evening we had the first snow this winter. I can't really remember whether we had any snow in January or February this year, but I distinctly remember a very warm March, so we definitely didn't have a long, cold winter.


There wasn't too much snow around, though. I'm living in a small pocket of time and space where the weather usually is a tad bit warmer than everywhere else around. It's nice, these days, though I tended to miss not having 'White Christmas' a lot when I was younger. (To be honest, I still get a bit giddy and hopeful before the 24th of December every year.) And the snow was gone around ten this morning, too. But it's gotten awfully cold – good thing my heating is working.


Winter is coming fast, that can't be denied any longer...

No comments: