Monday, May 21, 2007

Strawberries

As I happen to live in an area of Germany where strawberries actually are harvested, I consider myself quite lucky, because during the season (roughly from May to July) I can get them for a moderate price - and fresh from the fields, too.


Currently I'm looking at the first little cardboard box filed with large, red, ripe strawberries that smell like heaven and taste even better - the perfect mixture between sweet and sour that makes fresh strawberries so great and me wonder why people want to spoil that taste with sweet cream (not that I'm set against cream myself...). They are great ... and I'll have quite some of those little boxes by the time the season is through this year.


Actually, strawberries are quite healthy, compared to some of my other vices...

No comments: