Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It's too damn hot at the moment

37°C (that's 99°F) were found in my area of Germany during the last weekend (from Saturday to Monday, actually). For me, that's too damn hot. 25°C (77°F) to 30°C (86°F) is quite normal during the summer where I live. 30°C to 35°C (95°F) are reached sometimes.


But 37°C is high, too high for me. I personally like temperatures between 20°C (68°F) and 25°C. That's warm enough to leave your home with just a t-shirt and some pants. At the same time it's not hot enough to be unable to concentrate.

Of course, the youngest colleagues at my new job like it that hot. But then, they are young and thus less influenced by the weather.


I'm not in the habit of checking the data on wetter.com regularly, but today I did - and luckily it seems as if we're getting temperature between 20 and 25°C soon. It's been getting cooler since Tuesday already. Now I just have to hope it won't be too hot when my friend Heike visits me the Saturday after the next. We want to go on a shopping spree in my hometown and hot weather would make that rather hard.


Once I've managed to sell my first book for a few millions, I'm going to move somewhere with less high temperature - I'm thinking "Scotland", if I'm honest.

No comments: