Sunday, September 30, 2007

German Soccer Ladies

After the World Championship of the men last year, the Soccer World Championship of the women is this year - and the German Soccer Ladies are playing in the final today - quite well as it seems, and even against Brazil.


I've been thinking for quite a while that our female players are better than the men - even though most men until quite recently (when we won the Championship for the first time) thought that women couldn't play 'real' soccer. That was for men only.

Today the women in Germany seem to play better than the men - and with much more enthusiasm, too. But isn't that the case with a lot of things? (Don't worry, I won't start something about feminism here, I'll do a post about it soon enough, anyway.)


Personally I hope we win. I did even feel that way when the German men entered the semi-finals last year, but for the women I hope much more feverishly.


Update: They did it! They are World Champions again! Hooray!

No comments: